While I’m a little more excited by Lil’Wayne live streaming first track on his new Rebirth album (the last1 ‘Tha Carter III’ killed it) thx2 AT+T onto his Facebook Page - not to mention the new Facebook advertiser engagement polls - it’s interesting to see traditional brands like Coca-Cola, that being low involvement high volume FMCG “brands” and thus not very Google SEO centric, to see Coke the #2 Facebook fan page (at business school they taught us Coke competes against water, well Obama is #1 to Coke #2, so Coke needs to beat Obama to be #1 not water!).. thx2 the new All-Facebook fan page stats that track 620k pages, noice indexing.
- Coca-Cola has now become the second most popular fan page on Facebook, jumping past Homer J Simpson who hasn’t been experiencing much growth over the past week.
- Masturbation! continues to be a fast growing fan page, currently growing at around 68 percent a day. Be careful though, as that fan page is definitely not safe for work.
- The New York Times received approximately 135,000 new fans to their fan page from their inaugural home page ad campaign.
- The vast majority of the fastest growing fan pages appear to be international.
- Approximately 50,000 over the more than 620,000 fan pages that we’re tracking have over 1,000 fans. That suggests there is a significant long tail among Facebook fan pages.
- There are approximately 276 fan pages with more than 500,000 fans out of the 620,000 that we’re tracking.